By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Saudi Club Al-Ittihad Ladies have announced the signing of Super Falcons defender Ashleigh Plumptre.
The details of the contract was not revealed by Al Ittihad.
Plumptre left Leicester City at the end of last season following the expiration of her contract.
The 25-year-old spent three years at Leicester City, netting three times in 62 league appearances.
Plumptre took to her X handle to express her delight following the move.
“Grateful to have signed for Al-Ittihad 🐅
Excited to start this journey alongside some incredible human beings,” she wrote.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
“My journey of stepping into more of myself continues…
It’s more than football 💛.”