Tennis great Serena Williams has given birth to her second child, a girl named Adira River Ohanian.
Along with husband Alexis Ohanian, she welcomed the new arrival in social media posts on Tuesday.
“Welcome my beautiful angel,” Williams wrote in the caption of a video posted on TikTok.
The video shows her, Ohanian and their four-year-old daughter Olympia embracing the new-born.
“I’m grateful to report our house is teeming with love: a happy and healthy new-born girl and happy and healthy mama. Feeling grateful,” Ohanian posted on messaging platform X, formerly known as Twitter.
The 23-time Grand Slam champion, who said she was “evolving away” from tennis after last year’s U.S. Open, had confirmed news of her pregnancy in May.
That was on the red carpet of the Met Gala in New York.
The announcement of baby number two has now made a return to competitive tennis to appear highly unlikely for 41-year-old Williams. READ ALSO:
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
She is one of the most decorated athletes ever to pick up a racket.(Reuters/NAN)