The duo of Victor Osimhen and Alhassan Yusuf were not part of training on Monday as the Super Eagles returned to training after their 1-1 draw with Equatorial Guinea on Sunday in Abidjan.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that although the duo turned up for the training, they were barred from participating in the exercise.
A NAN Correspondent covering the 2023 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) in the Cote D’Ivoire reports that Osimhen complained to the coaching crew immediately after the team’s bus arrived.
No one seems to know the nature or extent of the injury that got him off the training.
But OC Nice of France striker, Terem Moffi, was sighted in a tedious training while Leicester City of England striker, Kelechi Iheanacho also took part to give Jose Peseiro options in the attack.
NAN reports that the Eagles will take on the host, Elephants of Cote D’Ivoire on Thursday at the Stade Olympique Alassan Ouattara Stadium. READ ALSO:
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
The Media Officer of the team, Babafemi Raji, however, confirmed that their withdrawal from training on Monday was only a precautionary measure.
He said this while speaking with newsmen on the sideline of the training.(NAN)