By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Tension between Victor Osimhen and Napoli is gradually escalating after the forward reportedly deleted Napoli related posts from his Instagram page.
Osimhen made the move after Napoli posted a video on Tik Tok mocking him for missing a penalty against Bologna last weekend.
The video was later deleted by the Serie A champions.
In his reaction to the video, Osimhen’s agent, Roberto Calenda said could take a legal action against Napoli.
“What happened today on Napoli’s official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable. A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted”.
“A serious fact that causes very serious damage to the player and adds to the treatment that the boy is suffering in the last period between media trials and fake news”.
- Osimhen Removes Napoli Related Posts From Instagram After TikTok Row
- Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal Against Disciplinary Tribunal Decision
- Bet9ja Football League: Ondo FA inaugurates committee for 2nd edition
- Mikel, Akide Make Panel Of Soccer Experts For 2023 Best FIFA Awards
- CAF CC: Morocco’s RS Berkane Arrive Nigeria For Insurance Clash
“We reserve the right to take legal action and any useful initiative to protect Victor”.
The 24-year-old played a crucial role in Napoli’s Scudetto success last season.
The striker scored 26 goals in 32 league games.