By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Napoli striker Victor Osimhen has been nominated for the 2023 Men’s Ballon d’Or.
The 24-year-old is the first Nigerian male player to be nominated for the award.
Osimhen was recognised for his contribution to Napoli’s Scudetto success last season.
The forward scored 26 goals to help the Partenopei win their first Serie A title in 33 years.
PNO SPORTS reports that Osimhen also registered five goals in the UEFA Champions League.
He has also started the new season on a good note for Rudi Garcia’s side with three goals from three games.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men