The Federal Ministry of Sports Development has announced September 20th – 30th, 2023 as the new date for the 7th edition of the National Youth Games, which will be held in Asaba, Delta State.
The new date was confirmed after a meeting between the Ministry of Sports Development and the Chairman, Delta State Sports Commission, Tonobok Okowa which took place in Abuja, on Monday.
The Ministry stated that the change in date was to allow more time for the operationalization of plans towards hosting a successful youth games fiesta.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
It added that the Games will serve as a precursor to celebrate the nation’s 63rd Independence Anniversary, which will be marked on October 1st, 2023.