By Andrew Abah, Abuja
Minister of Sports Development, Senator John Enoh has emphasized the need to move Nigerian football to next level and for concerted efforts to be in the interest of the game.
The minister stated this during a courtesy visit to his office by the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) led by its president, Ibrahim Gusau.
Enoh said “football is the biggest unifier of our nation, thus it is important to put the interest of the game ahead of personal interests, sentiments and pecuniary gains”
“Nigerian football at all levels, both male and female deserves our attention and this administration will work together with the NFF to plant the seeds of development and success that we all crave for, Enoh added.” READ ALSO:
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
The minister stated that the ministry is willing to cooperate with the NFF to solve all pending issues in the Nigerian football, for the sake of the country.
Speaking, NFF President, Ibrahim Gusau stated “I am happy to meet the cool gentleman assigned to the Ministry of Sports as our honourable minister. We look forward to working together with him. We are here primarily to congratulate him and welcome him to the arena of sports.”