Nigerian soccer legends John Mikel Obi and Mercy Akide are on the panel of football experts for the 2023 FIFA Best Football Awards.
Mikel is among the 11 experts that shortlisted the nominees for the men’s category.
Akide sat on the panel that shortlisted the nominees for the women’s category, PROMPT NEWS reports.
Mikel was a former Super Eagles captain, while Akide was a key star for the Super Falcons during her active days.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
Former Chelsea and Ivory Coast legend, Didier Drogba and erstwhile Black Stars of Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan are also on the panel.
Super Eagles forward, Victor Osimhen is among the nominees in the men’s category.