By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Enyimba chairman, Nwankwo Kanu is backing the club to emerge stronger from their early exit from the CAF Champions League.
The Nigeria Professional Football League champions were eliminated in the preliminary round of the competition following a 4-3 aggregate defeat Al Ahly Benghazi of Libya, PNO SPORTS reports.
Kanu however firmly believed that the People’s Elephant will bounce back from ouster and do well in other competitions.
“When you lose a game of course it is bad. But if you took at the positives from the game, you’ll say that they did well,” Kanu said.
“If we didn’t play well and we lost, that’s another problem.
“Now Kanu cannot carry the ball and put inside the goalpost, sometimes these things happen to the best teams, the best players and that’s football. We have to move on.
- Osimhen Removes Napoli Related Posts From Instagram After TikTok Row
- Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal Against Disciplinary Tribunal Decision
- Bet9ja Football League: Ondo FA inaugurates committee for 2nd edition
- Mikel, Akide Make Panel Of Soccer Experts For 2023 Best FIFA Awards
- CAF CC: Morocco’s RS Berkane Arrive Nigeria For Insurance Clash
“The boys have to put their heads up and then know that sometimes in life you fall for you to stand. We need to support and encourage them to do better next time.”