By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Remo Stars crashed out of the CAF Champions League after losing 3-2 on penalties to Ghanaian Premier League champions Medeama SC in Ikenne.
Daniel Ogunmodede’s side won the preliminary round second leg tie 1-0.
Both teams were tied 1-1 on aggregate at the end of the reverse fixture.
Remo Stars took the lead on 72nd minute after Medeama goalkeeper spilled the ball from a corner kick.
Samuel Anakwe scored for the hosts in stoppage time but the goal was ruled out for offside.
PNO SPORTS reports that Daniel Ogunmodede’s converted two penalties, while Medeama netted three of their spot kicks.
Nigeria Professional Football League champions Enyimba also failed to make it second round after losing 4-3 on aggregate against Al Ahly Benghazi of Libya. READ ALSO:
- Osimhen Removes Napoli Related Posts From Instagram After TikTok Row
- Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal Against Disciplinary Tribunal Decision
- Bet9ja Football League: Ondo FA inaugurates committee for 2nd edition
- Mikel, Akide Make Panel Of Soccer Experts For 2023 Best FIFA Awards
- CAF CC: Morocco’s RS Berkane Arrive Nigeria For Insurance Clash