Sixtus Omokhagbor, Senior Special Assistant to Edo State governor on Sports, said Bendel Insurance Football Club of Benin, would fortify its attack in the next 2023/2024 CAF Confederation Cup tie against RSB Barkane of Morocco.
Omokhagbor said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) when the team landed at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos, on Tuesday.
Bendel Insurance Football Club had defeated ASO Chlef FC of Algeria 4-3 via penalty shootout to advance to the next stage of the tournament.
Omokhagbor, who accompanied the team to Algeria, said the fitness and skills of the players would be put to test again on Sept. 15 in Morocco as they square up against RSB Berkane in a first leg next round tie.
“We’re happy we’re still in contention, and we hope to do well in our next match.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
“With the support of all our fans both home and abroad, we hope to replicate this win in our next encounter.
“We’re aware of the need to beef up our attack and we will work on that,” he said.
According to Omokhagbor, the focus of the team now is its next match in Morocco. (NAN)