By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Taiwo Awoniyi is in the running for Premier League Player of the Month award for August.
The Nottingham Forest striker will battle four other players for the award.
Manchester City midfielder Rodri, West Ham United forward Jared Bowen, Tottenham Hotspur’s James Madison, Kaoru Mitoma and Brentford striker Bryan Mbeumo are the other players in contention for the award.
Awoniyi has enjoyed an impressive start to the 2023/24 season.
The 26-year-old netted thrice in three league outings for Tricky Trees in August.
He scored in the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal on the opening day of the season.
Awoniyi was also on target in the 2-1 home victory against Sheffield United and 3-2 defeat at Manchester United.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men