By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Chuba Akpom has won the Professional Football Association (PFA) Championship Players’ Player of the Year award.
The Nigerian-born striker was top scorer in the Sky Bet Championship last year.
Akpom netted 28 times with Middlesbrough missing out on promotion to the Premier League.
The striker’s impressive performance caught the eye of Eredivisie giants Ajax, who paid £14.2 to sign him from Middlesbrough last month.
He is yet to make his debut for the Amsterdam club due to injury.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
Nigerian superstar David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido performed at award ceremony.