By Obaloluwa Joshua, LAGOS
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), technical director, Augustine Eguavoen wants total support for the Super Eagles ahead of the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Super Eagles are among the 24 countries that will compete for honours at the 34th edition of the AFCON.
The West Africans will be gunning for a fourth title at the competition.
Despite the Super Eagles’ less-than-impressive performance in recent matches, Eguavoen, who led the team to the last edition of the AFCON in Cameroon , is rallying fans to throw their support behind the squad as they prepare for the upcoming tournament.
- BREAKING: Falcons force Lionesses to barren draw in Paris Olympics qualifier
- Paciencia rescues vital point for Angola against Algeria
- Osimhen, Yusuf benched as Eagles return to training
- Sporting Lagos’ winless streak continues with 2-2 draw against Shooting Stars
- AFCON 2023: Guinea hold Cameroon with 10 men
“Happy New Year, everyone and especially to my Nigerian family; as we embark on yet another AFCON, let’s give the Super Eagles all the support they need to triumph. As the saying goes, Naija no dèy Kari Last,” Eguavoen said in a New Year message shared on his Instagram page.
The Super Eagles are drawn in Group A with hosts Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau.