Nigeria’s First Lady Oluremi Tinubu, has rewarded the Super Falcons players with $10,000 each.
The players got the reward for the their impressive performance at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
The Super Falcons were among the top performers in Australia and New Zealand despite bowing out in the Round of 16.
Randy Waldrum’s side were eliminated 4-2 on penalties by the Three Lionesses of England after a thrilling contest at the Lang Park, Brisbane.
PNO SPORTS reports that Tinubu earlier hosted the players in Abuja this week.
A key member of the team, Osinachi Ohale praised the first lady for her kind gesture.
“We are grateful for this unexpected gesture because for several years we’ve been winning the Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (Wafcon) and I can’t remember us being honoured or rewarded this way,” the experienced Ohale told BBC Sport Africa.
“We appreciate the federal government for their support and encouragement. And we also thank Nigerians for the remarkable support during the tournament.
“Nigeria is a country where the public appreciate good things. When you do something good, they will show appreciation, and when you don’t do well, they will still show it – they will forget the good things you’ve been doing, so that’s how it is.
“I’m just happy we were able to put a smile on their faces.” READ ALSO:
- Osimhen Removes Napoli Related Posts From Instagram After TikTok Row
- Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal Against Disciplinary Tribunal Decision
- Bet9ja Football League: Ondo FA inaugurates committee for 2nd edition
- Mikel, Akide Make Panel Of Soccer Experts For 2023 Best FIFA Awards
- CAF CC: Morocco’s RS Berkane Arrive Nigeria For Insurance Clash