Mr Boniface Onovo, a Director of Organising, Ministry of Youths and Sports, Enugu, says the state will be going to the 2023 National Youth Games (NYG) in Asaba to compete in nine sports.
Onovo disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Wednesday, saying that the sports includes, two team games and seven individual events.
NAN reports that the competition will take place from September 20 to 30 following the recent adjustment by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sen. John Enoh.
Onovo named the team events as men’s football and handball whose players qualified from the qualifiers held in the state in August 2023.
The Director noted that Enugu State Government has a good plan for the state athletes who are going to the festival to compete for honours.
He said the Ministry and the Enugu State Government are keen to improve athletes’ welfare and equipment.
- Osimhen Removes Napoli Related Posts From Instagram After TikTok Row
- Tobi Amusan: AIU Files Appeal Against Disciplinary Tribunal Decision
- Bet9ja Football League: Ondo FA inaugurates committee for 2nd edition
- Mikel, Akide Make Panel Of Soccer Experts For 2023 Best FIFA Awards
- CAF CC: Morocco’s RS Berkane Arrive Nigeria For Insurance Clash
“We are looking at a week’s camping for the athletes to enable them prepare adequately for the games. (NAN